Nevada Rural Housing Authority Continues to Accept Applications for CHAP Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance, Funds Remain

Carson City, Nev. – Emergency rental and utility assistance funding is still available to qualifying rural Nevadans. Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NRHA) continues to accept applications for the CHAP program immediately for tenants residing in any rural Nevada county (CHAP contact information for Washoe and Clark Counties is provided below). Tenants who have had a reduction in or loss of income due to COVID-19 are encouraged to apply, and landlords are able to initiate the application on behalf of a tenant. Rental assistance can pay as much as a year of rent and utilities; past due balances are paid before future amounts owed.

Rural Nevada Landlords

NRHA would like to thank all participating landlords for their extraordinary efforts in keeping Nevadans safely housed; these efforts go beyond a ‘thank you,’ as words cannot properly express enough gratitude. Rental assistance can cover past due rent and rent moving forward for eligible tenants, by paying landlords directly. Landlords can start the application process on behalf of their tenants at

Rural Nevada Tenants

Tenants experiencing a reduction in or loss of income due to COVID-19 can get assistance on delinquent rent payments and rent payments in the future for anticipated losses of income. Assistance can also cover payments such as late fees, security deposits, application fees, hotel costs, utilities and internet fees. Tenant income must be verified and they must prove a COVID related loss; examples of financial impact include (this list is not all inclusive): reduction in work hours, loss of employment, furlough from employment during stay at home order, or a reduction of income due to reduced business income. Go to to apply.

Nevada Rural Housing Authority has dedicated phone line and email for the Cares Housing Assistance Program:

(775) 302-5090

Toll-Free: (833) 328-0288

For assistance in Washoe County, visit

For assistance in Clark County, visit

Categories: NRHA

Recommended Articles