Agency Updates and Information Re: COVID-19
NRHA is implementing the following measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 until further notice.
We intend to conduct our housing authority business to the best of our ability during this time. Our team has put in place plans and procedures to first and foremost ensure the safety of our NRHA family, and to continue to provide exemplary service to the highest capable extent. Our agency is at the ready to conduct our work via phone, email and teleconferencing as needed, doing whatever we can to maintain continuity.
NRHA offices are closed to the public but in full operation. NRHA will conduct business by phone, email and teleconferencing when possible. Instead of visiting either of our office lobbies (in Carson City or in Las Vegas) or any of our remote locations, please call us at: 775-887-1795 or email us at info@NVRural.org. We are also accepting documents via email. If you already have a point of contact at NRHA, please call or email them directly before coming in or attempting to meet in person.
Housing Choice Voucher participants: If you are experiencing a loss or reduction in employment income lasting more than seven (7) consecutive days, you are able to request an adjustment to your portion of rent. If your family is experiencing a loss or a reduction in employment income please report this change to NRHA by submitting a request in writing (via email to email@example.com or via mail to 3695 Desatoya Dr., Carson City, NV 89701) as soon as possible so we can ensure that your rent is adjusted and affordable based on your family’s current circumstances.
Payments are expected to continue without interruptions.
- Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) will continue to be deposited to landlords per the usual schedule. Rental Services clients with other questions are asked to call or email their case worker directly.
- NRHA’s Accounts Payable team will continue to issue payments without interruption, and ask that any vendor that may not have its EFT information on file to provide that to dheister@NVRural.org immediately.
We will continue to provide NRHA updates as needed and as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Please consider following us on Facebook and bookmarking this page for updates.
We will provide updates as necessary:
- Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher Family Updates
- Section 8/Housing Choice Landlord Updates
- Emergency Housing Assistance Programs
- Community Development Updates
- Real Estate Operations Updates
- Housing Authority General Updates
We are taking our obligation to our communities, employees and partners seriously. Thank you for your patience. Let’s navigate this safely, and together!