Mina, Nevada Family Named Grand Prize Winner!
We are thrilled to announce that Home At Last™ has awarded $2,000 to the Davis family in Mina, Nevada, and nine other Nevadans with runner-up prize amounts, as part of the HAL Pay My Bills contest! HAL Pay My Bills ran during the month of June, which is National Homeownership Month. Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak also issued a proclamation for June 2019 Homeownership Month in Nevada.
The contest asked all Nevadans to help celebrate by sharing what “home” means to them. When entrants submitted their message, they were entered to win a year of utilities* paid by Home At Last™. Entries came from across the state – from Carson Valley to Las Vegas, Fernley to Mina. They were heart-felt, diverse and inspiring. Instead of only one winner (as the contest rules indicated), 10 winners were selected, each receiving prize amounts from $50-$2,000 to be used for utilities, home projects or anything the winners need.
Tina Thornton, mortgage loan officer with iServe Residential Lending in Reno, entered the Davis family of nine into the contest because of their story.
“We are overwhelmed and very grateful,” said homeowner Jeremiah Davis. “We are thankful to have this beautiful home for our family, and this prize is really going to help. If anyone has any hesitation about using this program, tell them to call me and I will tell them how awesome it is. The process couldn’t have been easier – our lender and realtor were great, and before we knew
it, we bought our home.”
“Homeownership Month is a time when we not only celebrate the benefits of homeownership, but also reflect upon what ‘home’ really means,” said Diane Arvizo, NRHA director of homeownership programs. “While it means something a little bit different to everyone, our communities all share in one thing: home is where life’s most important things happen.”
Since 2006, the Home At Last™ program has helped more than 8,100 rural Nevadans achieve their dreams of homeownership through customized home financing solutions and tools, including down payment assistance, homebuyer tax credits, comprehensive homebuyer education and the Trio lease-to-own program recently launched July 1. NRHA knows homeownership isn’t only about getting approved and moving in. It’s about building long-term success. It’s about putting down roots and becoming engrained in a community. It’s what makes rural Nevada a great place to live and thrive.
*One (1) winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000. Sponsor has no responsibility for submitting payment to any utility entity. No purchase necessary. Nevada residents, 18 years of age and older only. Contest is not affiliated with Instagram or Facebook. Contest will open at 12:00 a.m. PST on 6/1/19 and close at 11:59 p.m. PST on 6/30/19.
Home At Last Utilities For A Year Contest | June 1-30, 2019
Sponsor’s Name: Home At Last, Nevada Rural Housing Authority
Sponsor’s Address: 3695 Desatoya Dr., Carson City, NV 89701
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Nevada and the United States, 18 years of age and older. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
- To Enter: To enter on Instagram, follow @home_at_last_nv; post a photo that represents what home means to you, or a video that represents what home means to you, or post a video of you describing what home means to you; tag @home_at_last_nv; and use the hashtag #HALPayMyBills in the caption. You must own the photos or videos you post. To enter on Facebook, “Like” @HomeAtLastNV on Facebook, post a photo that represents what home means to you, or a video that represents what home means to you, or post a video of you describing what home means to you; tag HomeAtLastNV; and use the hashtag #HALPayMyBills in the caption. You must own the photo or video you post. Contest is open Saturday, June 1, 2019 to Sunday, June 30, 2019. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the Instagram or Facebook account identified in the entrant’s entry as of date of entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the Instagram or Facebook account was opened. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PST June 30, 2019. All entries must be received by the close of entry period. Entries are limited entries to one per person in any 24-hour period; photos and videos cannot be used more than once per entrant for the duration of the contest.
- Selection of Winner: Prize winner will be selected from all entries meeting the requirements of the Official Rules. The winners will be selected by independent judges, administrators of Home At Last, a program of the Nevada Rural Housing Authority, whose decisions are final and binding. Winner will be notified by direct message on Facebook or Instagram. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified on Instagram or Facebook on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 and for three (3) business days following the Contest closing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted.
- Prize(s): One (1) winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000. Sponsor has no responsibility for submitting payment to any utility entity. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. The odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to the prize. No transfer of the prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
- General Rules: Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest. Participation in the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest is offered by Home At Last, a program of the Nevada Rural Housing Authority, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning the prize, Winner releases Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the The Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Home At Last Utilities For A Year contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number and necessary tax form to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form. By participating in the Promotion and accepting any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor(s), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, ‘Released Parties’) from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation participation in any Promotion-related activity and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest in the event the Contest is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules.