Weatherization & Home Repair Services
We want to ensure that Nevadans are living in safe, healthy, energy-efficient homes—regardless of their income level or access to resources. Our Weatherization Assistance Program helps reduce the cost of utilities and improve energy conservation for low-income Nevadans. Assistance is provided for those living in single-family homes, multi-family units, and manufactured housing.
SUMMARY OF WEATHERIZATION AUDIT:
- Diagnostic testing of heating systems for energy efficiency and health and safety.
- Diagnostic testing of cooking appliance for health and safety.
- Diagnostic testing of water heater for health and safety and energy efficiency.
- Testing of refrigerator for energy efficiency.
- Check of insulation levels to meet minimum standards.
- Pressure diagnostics testing of home for energy efficiency and health and safety.
SERVICES PROVIDED PER OUTCOME OF WEATHERIZATION AUDIT:
- Service of heating system, or replacement of furnace.
- Duct sealing.
- Service or replacement of cooking appliance.
- Service, insulation or replacement of water heater.
- Replacement of inefficient refrigerator.
- Restoration of insulation to proper levels, per program requirements.
- Shell sealing, repairs for proper amount of ventilation required for structure and inhabitants.
- Installation of carbon monoxide detectors.
- Low flow shower heads installed.