The Nevada Rural Housing Authority offers a collaborative, strategic, team-driven work environment. We promote a quality live, work, learn, play lifestyle for our employees. As a team, we strive to create tangible differences in people’s lives, throughout the great state of Nevada.
Why work for Nevada Rural Housing Authority?
The Nevada Rural Housing Authority is a wonderful place to work and build a career for those who are passionate about our beautiful Silver State and enhancing the quality of life for rural Nevadans. We offer a collaborative, team-driven work environment, opportunities for career growth, and an unparalleled benefits package. We seek bright, compassionate, individuals to join our team of professionals—browse our current career opportunities.
NRHA is located in Carson City at the foot of the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains, just 20 minutes from world-renowned Lake Tahoe, 25 minutes from the ever-growing city of Reno, and a few short hours from Sacramento, San Francisco, and the picturesque Yosemite National Park. With countless recreational activities—from skiing to hiking to mountain biking to paddle-boarding—right in our beautiful backyard, few settings on Earth can compare. Towering, snow-packed peaks, world-class ski resorts, and wide open spaces chock-full of greenery and wildlife are all within a short drive of our office.
What We Offer Our Team Members
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance paid 100% by NRHA
- Life Insurance and AD&D of $50,000 paid 100% by NRHA
- Optional Supplemental Insurance – Available via payroll deduction
- PERS – Pension / Retirement – Public Employee Retirement System (Choice Agency)
- 457(b) Plan – Available Via payroll deduction
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential assistance and resources on a variety of topics including health, wellness, marital and family relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, child/elder care, legal and financial issues, and more
- Vacation Accrual – Two weeks per year, three weeks after three years
- Sick Leave Accrual – Two weeks per year, three weeks after three years
- Holidays – Twelve paid holidays
- Birthday Friday Holiday – 4 Hours paid holiday by NRHA
- Educational Assistance – Learning and development program that ensures that employees are given the opportunity to learn and grow, both in their current positions and according to their long-term professional goals. This program includes comprehensive communication trainings (DiSC), high-quality speakers for all staff trainings, mentorships, tuition reimbursement options for position-specific continuing education and much more.
- Employee Recognition Program
- Hiring preference given to internal candidates for open positions when all knowledge, skills, and abilities are considered equal to support employee growth within the agency.
- Schedule options with flexible hours available from day one of employment:
- Variable schedule: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm; Fridays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. These hours can be adjusted for earlier or later start/end times between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Compressed schedule: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm; payday Fridays from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and all non-payday Fridays off. These hours can be adjusted for earlier or later start/end times between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- 4/10 schedule: Monday through Thursday, 10 hours each day within the 6:00 am – 6:00 pm timeframe and off on Fridays.
NRHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations.