The Nevada Rural Housing Authority offers a collaborative, strategic, team-driven work environment. We promote a quality live, work, learn, play lifestyle for our employees. As a team, we strive to create tangible differences in people’s lives, throughout the great state of Nevada.
Why work for Nevada Rural Housing Authority?
The Nevada Rural Housing Authority is a wonderful place to work and build a career for those who are passionate about our beautiful Silver State and enhancing the quality of life for rural Nevadans. We offer a collaborative, team-driven work environment, opportunities for career growth, and an unparalleled benefits package. We seek bright, compassionate, individuals to join our team of professionals—browse our current career opportunities.
NRHA is located in Carson City at the foot of the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains, just 20 minutes from world-renowned Lake Tahoe, 25 minutes from the ever-growing city of Reno, and a few short hours from Sacramento, San Francisco, and the picturesque Yosemite National Park. With countless recreational activities—from skiing to hiking to mountain biking to paddle-boarding—right in our beautiful backyard, few settings on Earth can compare. Towering, snow-packed peaks, world-class ski resorts, and wide open spaces chock-full of greenery and wildlife are all within a short drive of our office.
What We Offer Our Team Members
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance paid 100% by NRHA
- Life Insurance and AD&D of $50,000 paid 100% by NRHA
- Optional Supplemental Insurance – Available via payroll deduction
- PERS – Pension / Retirement – Public Employee Retirement System (Choice Agency)
- 457(b) Plan – Available Via payroll deduction
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential assistance and resources on a variety of topics including health, wellness, marital and family relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, child/elder care, legal and financial issues, and more
- Vacation Accrual – Two weeks per year, Three weeks after three years
- Sick Leave Accrual – Two weeks per year, Three weeks after three years
- Holidays – Eleven paid holidays
- Birthday Friday Holiday – 4 Hours paid holiday by NRHA
- Educational Assistance – Tuition / education assistance for job-related courses of study
- Employee Recognition Program
- Toastmasters Club Participation – Enrollment paid by NRHA
- Half-day Fridays! – We work nine (9) hours a day Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to Noon on Friday
- After six (6) months of employment, NRHA offers other schedule options, such as flexible hours and compressed workweeks
NRHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations.