Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)

The Nevada Rural Housing Authority provides rental assistance to low-income households, the disabled, elderly, and veterans through the federally funded Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance program (also known as Section 8). Our HCV rental assistance program increases affordable housing choices for low-income households by allowing families, elderly, and disabled persons to choose privately owned rental housing.

Under Section 8, private landlords can rent apartments and homes at lower rates to qualified low-income tenants. Depending on your income, you may be eligible for assistance with your rent payments.




PHA Plan 2017

Admin Plan

PHA Plan Draft


Notice is hereby given that on March 12, 2018 at 9:00 am NRHA will hold a public hearing at 3695 Desatoya Drive, Carson City, NV and via conference line at 888-585-9008, conference room 906-287-579  in order to accept public comment on the Streamlined Annual PHA Plan update and the Administrative Plan update.  Persons interested in commenting on the plans should testify at the public hearing, or provide written comments prior to the hearing to Jeni Rios, Director of Rental Services at the address above.